- The applicant must be a holder of at least a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from U.P. or any other recognized institution of higher learning.
- A baccalaureate degree holder must have obtained a general weighted average grade of 2.0 or better for UP graduates and 1.75 or better for non-UP graduates.
- The applicant must submit an application letter addressed to the Chair of the Department.
- The applicant must submit letters of recommendation from at least three former professors and/or former employers, and official transcript of academic records of undergraduate work and graduate work, if any, one original (to be returned if not admitted) and two photocopies.
- The applicant must take the sit-in essay exam and present himself/herself for interview.
- The applicant must pay a non-refundable fee of P100 if a Filipino citizen, P200 if a resident alien, and US$25 if a foreign citizen.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit a certificate of English proficiency with at least a 500 TOEFL score, unless they come from institutions where the medium of instruction is English.
For the application form click here.